Monday 11 August 2008

Tagged again...

As I mentioned earlier, Aidan was kind/nasty enough to tag me with the latest meme...

Nightstand/Table:

Don't tend to keep books on my table, they normally end up on the floor. The table itself only holds my lamp, alarm clock, and a little blue jar with coppers/silvers in it. The tabletop is also home to a little plastic critter called Bleaker (after the character 'Paulie Bleaker' from the film Juno). Why's he called that? No idea.

Reading at the Moment:

The Steel Remains by Richard Morgan. Read the first chapter at lunchtime. Pretty good.

Can’t Put Down:

Well, I only ever read one novel at a time so I have to say The Steel Remains again. Although to be fair the opening chapter has got me interested and wanting to read on.

Gathering Dust:

Too many books on my to-read pile that have been there for a long time. Too long. To name but a few:

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Elric by Michael Moorcock

The Children of Hurin by J. R. R. Tolkien

Secret Indulgence:

Nothing literary really. Well, I must admit I quite like Dan Brown's books. Yes, his writing is prosaic and his characters are paper-thin, but he knows how to work a good plot. I admire the way almost every chapter ends in a cliffhanger. Although that sequence with the helicopter and the bomb in Angels and Demons was one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Musically, I'd say Blaqk Audio. I generally dislike dance/techno music but these guys are from AFI, so it's ok. Plus the music they put out with this band is fantastic.

Looking Forward To:

Getting up tomorrow morning at 6, getting a coffee and working on the novel. Always the best part of the day. Books - the next George R. R. Martin and Empire in Black and Gold.

1 comment:

Gabriele Campbell said...

Ok, so I'm not the only one who doesn't keep books on the nightstand.