Sunday 1 June 2008

Back again...

Got back last night after a fun week down in the south-east of England. The weather sadly wasn't the best, but we managed to walk the old woodland paths and take a few trips nonetheless. Here are a few snaps I took:  

Bodiam Castle, West Sussex. 

English countryside.

Assyrian (modern-day Iraq) statue, circa 1500 BC...or something. British museum, London.

Woodland path

Sunlit woods.

A meadow. No, really. 

Anyway, back on topic. I'm about 2/3 of the way through Gemmell's The Sword in the Storm, so hopefully a review of that will surface soon. I also received an ARC of Paul Kearney's The Ten Thousand, which I'm looking forward to very much indeed. 

Rock 'n roll. 

2 comments:

Graeme Flory said...

Those pictures are beautiful, just right for a fantasy blog :o)
I've been hearing lots of good stuff about 'The Ten Thousand' and am appropriately jealous about your ARC, where's mine? ;o)
(I suppose I should get through the books Solaris sent me for I bug them for more...)

James said...

Thanks Graeme, I agree that the pics are very suitable with regards to our subject matter!

I have a sneaking suspicion that The Ten Thousand might be one of the best fantasy novels of 2008. From what I've heard and read, it does look very promising indeed.

Give the chaps at Solaris a bell, I'm sure they'll bung one in the mail for you. Then again, maybe you ought to read the other ARCs they've sent you first! ;)