Sunday 6 April 2008

Upcoming book reviews

On Saturday I made the relatively short journey down to Nottingham and had a very enjoyable lunch with Mark Newton of the UK genre imprint Solaris.

Not only did we have an epic, hugely enjoyable 6-hour discussion of all things genre, Mark was also kind enough to supply me with a number of Solaris books to review.

So, look out for reviews of the following titles at some point in the future:

Set the Seas on Fire - Chris Roberson

Thief With No Shadow - Emily Gee

Dark Lord - Ed Greenwood

The Solaris Book of New Science-Fiction (Volumes 1 + 2) - Edited by George Mann

I also ought to point out that Mark is an author in his own right, and was kind enough to sign a copy of his debut novel The Reef for me. Incidentally, The Reef has been reviewed over at Graeme's Fantasy Book Review.

Mark's a top chap, and The Reef sounds exciting, so I suggest you all go and check out his book. I'll try to post a review soon.

So many books, so little time...

2 comments:

Mark Newton said...

And a pleasure to meet you to, sir. Although you neglected to mention the gift you gave me...

James said...

Ah yes, how forgetful of me...then again, I think that's probably best kept a secret. If anyone found out it might tarnish your reputation, Sir! ;)