Saturday 16 February 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer

As a big fan of Indy, I wasn't sure how to feel when I heard the news that a fourth movie was finally coming together. Excitement definitely, but wariness at the same time. I hate it when studios rustle up a half-baked sequel to a popular film, just to make a few bucks. Especially when they wait 10 years to do it. My main fear was that the new Indy film would fail to re-create the atmosphere of the original trilogy.
Having watched the new trailer, I've lost a lot of my concern. To be blunt, the trailer is really promising. The stunts, big explosions, off-the-cuff humour and dusty tombs are all present and correct, and Ford still looks the part. As the old music soars over the action, you'd be forgiven for giggling deliriously. Roll on May.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just hope that it's not like some of the trailers for movies I've seen lately where the trailer is the best part. Shoot Em' Up is a recent painfully memorable example of this new trend.

There's something about a man with a whip... heh.

Anonymous said...

it's gonna be tough to match or even come close to the quality and originality of the original Indiana Jones'